1.31.2006

I Heart Sausage - Boudin Blanc

boudinblanc

The fridge at Surfas is stocked with so many different sausages. That's dangerous for someone like me. I was good though only getting one pack, the Boudin Blanc with Cognac from Fabrique Delices. I would have liked to eat it with super smooth mashed potato and apple thyme risotto but instead I went for something already available from my pantry, farro, and put aside my boudin blanc fantasy meal for another day.

Boudin blanc is a delicate French white sausage made of pork, chicken or veal, cream, and breadcrumbs. It was indeed delicate and light with a velvety feel. The browned casing crisped up beautifully while the sausage stayed moist inside. The farro was a nice bed of texture and nutty flavors for the sausage and made a perfect lunch.

Being the Surfas and sausage whore that I am I went back and got the Portuguese Hawaiian Sausage. Also frickin delicious! Nice spiciness to it accented even more so by my generous shaking of Congo hot sauce. I think next on the list is the boar sausage. Yumms.

3 comments:

justinsloe said...

the sausages look delicious

your pictures make me so hungry

Grant said...

I have a lot of questions about farro. Where did you get yours? Last week I was making a recipe from Sunday Suppers at Lucques (the striped bass with black rice, farro, green garlic and tangerines) I went to Whole Foods and got a bag of what was labeled "Farro Berries." I question if farro berries are the same as farro. I followed Suzanne's instructions but the farro didn't seem to get tender. Rather it remained very chewy. Is that normal or did I not cook it correctly? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa