1.27.2006

Another Edition of Curry Powder

currychicken

I can't believe how many spices are in my life now. When I was young it was just black pepper and korean red chili flakes. Now it's cumin, coriander seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, spicy paprika, and one of my favorites, a blend, curry. There has been delicious ventures in curried sweet potato & sausage hash, curried chickpea and eggplant, roasted cauliflower with curry & paprika, curry-flavored potato croquettes, and now curried chicken salad.

butterlettuce

I used yogurt, lemon juice, red onion, green onion, and curry powder to taste. I added it by spoonfuls until the salad reached that spicy savoriness that the chicken is a great canvas for. I simply baked the chicken until it was cooked through but very very moist. There are a few things I hate more than a dry chicken. Just tear this with your fingers and make sure to taste a few strands or more, for quality control that is. :) Then mix together with the curry dressing. I used beautiful butter lettuce as a base for this salad. Such beautiful smooth ridges and valleys on a leaf of a butter lettuce. Delicious.

No comments: