10.03.2005

Town and Country {cafe.bakery}

towncountry

Few months ago I called in to see if Town and Country had any gift certificates available, which they didn't. When I stopped by an hour later the chef immediately got on top of things and made one by hand for me. Although it was a piece of paper xeroxed with their heading and value written by hand, I thought it was very sweet of her to take time to make their very first gift certificate by my request. She was very flattered that I would want to refer my friend to her bakery. While I was waiting I was given refreshing ice water (it was a very hot hot day) and soo delicious crunchy-around-the-edges-but-soft-in-the-middle chocolate chip cookies. Good customer service is very rare so I highly appreciate their efforts to accomodate.

towncountryfront

I initially thought that Town and Country was a bread bakery. Although I couldn't get a crusty baguette on my first trip there, I left with a box full of goodies. The Cream Puffs were divine and I love getting an ooze of the cold cream center. I finished two of these before I even left the parking lot.

I tried the Coconut Banana Lime bread upon one of the staff's recommendation and I'm glad I did. The cake was moist and dense from the bananas but lightened by specks of coconut and citrusy lime. Paired with a cold glass of whole milk, this made a delicious snack. The Bran Muffin had a great toasted flavor and served as a perfect breakfast item the next morning.

So four out of four (including the free chocolate chip cookies) plus awesome service... pretty good I think. I need to go back soon for the Cream Puffs especially. They also serve variety of sandwiches, salads and casual food items perfect for dine-in at their cute location or take-out for a comfortable meal at home.

3823 West Sunset Blvd
Silverlake
323.667.3331

No comments: