10.02.2005

Farmer's Market Goodies for Oct. 1

fmgoodies

It's been a while since I've shopped at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market but Saturday I was diligent and got myself over there around 11. The area was already bustling and busy with drivers and pedestrians and parking as usual at that time took a few loops around the block. It was a beautiful foggy day when I first got there but quickly cleared up within 30 minutes and the sun began to shine through.

I have to be pretty frugal for the next month and a half due to a huge expense item so I tried hard to stick to my list of buys which consisted of potatoes, cabbage and tomato. From the left, I got Russian Butterball Potatoes, Ox Heart Tomato, Indian Eggplant and Pineapple Guava. I couldn't resist the eggplants because they were so beautiful and the pineapple guava intriguing and delicious.

What will I make? First, Curry Potato Croquettes and Cabbage Salad... coming soon.

No comments: