6.30.2005

India Sweets & Spices

indiasweets

Another dash to grab lunch, I drove speedily to my lunch destination: India Sweets & Spices in Culver City. Although considerably smaller than the Los Feliz location, I still got my fill with their #1, which comes with two vegetable dishes of choice and basmati rice for $3.99. I got Garbanzo and Peas, Cabbage and Potato. And yes, I also got a Samosa. Unfortunately the accompanying chutneys were too watery and I got a bit turned off from them. And also I didn't want to risk dripping during driving, a dangerous combination.

While waiting in line to pay for my deliciously smelling food, my eyes landed on the cutest little drink: Frooti. The Cool Mango flavor went perfectly with the very spicy vegetable dishes. It may have been so cute that it was also too small. Perhaps I will grab two next time. Or I wonder if they make Mango Lassi??

The Los Feliz location has a much bigger grocery store and has an attached cafetaria-style restaurant that serves an array of Indian Vegetarian dishes. It's much nicer than the Culver City store but the food at both locations are delicious and very wallet-friendly.

India Sweets and Spices
9409 Venice Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

3126 Los Feliz Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90039

No comments: