6.21.2005

Annapurna Cuisine

Yay, I found another eatery to satisfy my weekday lunch hunger: Annapurna Cuisine, an Indian vegetarian restaurant. It did take me about 40-45 minutes to get the food during my measly 30 min lunch... but oh well. C'mon, what's more important, sticking to my 30 min lunch everyday or indulging myself with tasty nourishment? Next time I'll call in my order, although I was very entertained by all the Bollywood videos playing on their flatscreen during my wait. Hmm... tough call.

Annapurna has a lunch buffet which I figure is probably similar to their menu items. (I didn't want to poke around their buffet food like a spy). I ordered some Vegetable Samosa. I just cannot pass up samosas. Crunchy on the outside, soft goodness on the inside. One dip in tamarind chutney and one dip in mint chutney. Happy.

annapurna
masala dosa

annapurna2
uthappam

I also tried a few South Indian dishes. The Vegetable Uthappam is a rice and lentil pancake topped with tomato, onion, peas and carrot. Very airy, fluffly and light. The Masala Dosa is a rice and lentil crepe filled with spiced potatoes. The crepe was thin and slightly crisp. I couldn't stop myself from tearing off just one more piece of the crepe and grabbing a small scoopful of the potatoes even when I was so full from the huge samosas.

Annapurna
10200 Venice Blvd.
310.204.5500

No comments: