9.30.2005

Lunch From Scraps' Scraps: Pizza Bagel

I brought my leftover Pizza Bread for lunch. I wasn't really feeling the wheat bread base, especially since I semi-burned it yesterday when I was trying to achieve a "crust." Lucky for me Friday at my work is bagel day. I took half of a sesame bagel (the top) and transferred the cheese and tomato topping. Popped it in the toaster oven for 10 minutes. Yumm. Much better than the toast.

The Pizza Bagel is something I would definitely make again. Basically any bread that can achieve some type of crust would be good. Like french bread, naan, ciabatta and baguette. But if all you have if toast bread (like I did) then toast it beforehand to give it some structure.

This would be a great casual dining item for a party. Split a whole french bread, place toppings on both slices and bake. With an antipasto of grilled veges and an arugula-parmesan salad with lemon dressing, this could be a really easy and cheap way to host lunch/dinner for a group of 6-8.

No comments: