12.14.2005

Turkey Meatballs with Yogurt Sauce

meatball

After this Thanksgiving I've made up my mind that turkey really is at the bottom of my meat list. Bleh. I can't see myself cooking turkey ever again for the holidays. I mean it was moist and delicious with herbs and butter, and dipped and bathed in a bit of gorgonzola sauce, pretty heavenly. But there are always better substitutions for turkey.

However in the case of these turkey meatballs, whose recipe I picked off of Molly's beautiful blog Orangette, I am still down with turkey! These came out so moist, smoky from the cumin, sweet from the golden raisans, and nutty from the toasted pinenuts. And the yogurt sauce was super simple to make. Just add garlic, lemon juice, and a few spices. I would cut back on the pine nuts though. A lot fell out while cooking and plus I like pine nuts in small quantities.

No comments: