5.22.2006

Goat Cheese Tart with Pinenuts; Apple, Mango & Arugula with Pomegranate Dressing

goatchtart

Way back I made a scrumptious goat cheese tart for a casual afternoon bite with a friend. This time I wanted to change it up a little bit and used pinenuts as part of the recipe. I used Giada de Laurentiis's recipe for a pinenut crust which was super easy since it required no rolling of dough. Just process and press into pan.

Ooh, once I blind baked the shell the kitchen filled with the warm nutty aroma. Yum. The filling (Barefoot Contessa) used garlic-herb goat cheese, basil and cream. To finish I sprinkled toasted pinenuts on top ten minutes prior to its exit from the oven.

salad

For the salad I sliced up some apple and into batons and carefully arranged it with arugula leaves. Then drizzled some pomegranate dressing made with pomegranate mollasses, lemon juice, shallots and olive oil.

berryfool
Marilyn's dessert: Berry Fool

A catered menu for www.writingpad.com

No comments: