7.19.2005

Feelin Taj Mahalic?

Akbar's a great bar in Silverlake with a casual atmosphere, a good jukebox, amiable bartenders and Chimay. Now can that combination ever be bad? Well I was hanging out there one day when I smelled some delicious, spicy, penetrating aroma of Indian food coming from the corner of the bar. The guy/bartender told us that a new Indian place, Agra Cafe, opened across the street in the small strip mall. I had delicious Agra in mind when I left the bar that night.

Craving Indian food and having been disappointed recently by the westernized Indian food at Electric Lotus, I was really looking forward to the spicy full-flavored dishes at Agra. The restaurant is named after the city of north-central India on the Jumna River southeast of New Delhi, the home of the Taj Mahal.

The Chicken Madras is perfect for the spicy heat lovers. Damn, it had some curry kick though. I had Chicken Tikki Masala, Naan and Mango Lassi to counteract the lovely burning on my tongue but I kept going back for more of that Madras curry. Isn't a lil spice so addicting sometimes?

Agra Cafe
4325 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90029
323.665.7818/7890
www.agracafe.com

No comments: